A lot of my readers have asked me time and again about my favourite art & craft supplies for kids. It is no top secret and so here I share the must-have supplies for young children (best recommended for preschoolers & kindergarteners). Scroll down to check out my Fun Rules to enjoy are & craft projects even more!!
|Construction Paper||Pipe Cleaners|
|Canvas (different sizes)||Pompoms|
|Coloring supplies: crayons, pencil colors, markers, poster colors, acrylic paint, water colors, puff paint, etc.||Goggle Eyes|
|Paint brushes (different sized)||Cloth Pins|
|Kid-friendly scissors – plain and designs||Plastic Buttons|
|Glue/Glue Stick/Glitter Glue||Gems|
|Cardboard box/paper||Recycle Containers (plastic bottles/pop cans)|
My “Fun Rules” to enjoy your art & craft projects even more!
- Keep the supplies accessible and within your child’s reach. However, always watch your child to avoid accidents.
- Let your child lead you! Sometimes they have better ideas than us.
- Set up a dedicated space where he can sit and make his art & craft projects! Not sure how to set up your child’s play/art area? Check out my blog Organizing Your Toddler’s Play Area to know more.
- Do not panic about the mess he makes. It is okay. Art is messy and it is a sign of creativity too!!
- Teach them to clean up after they are done, it induces discipline & respect for the things they have!
- Let them be creative.