The idea of finding out your baby’s gender itself is fascinating. Unfortunately, I could not know the gender for my first one, but with my second one, I kept talking to my baby to co-operate during the ultrasound so I could know if the baby was a boy or a girl! When I headed for my 20-week ultrasound, I was extremely excited as this was when they could find out the gender of my baby. I had called the clinic beforehand to know if they could give me the gender in an envelope. My doctor also put a note on the requisition to provide me with the gender as requested. It was very easy this way and I came home with an envelope with my baby’s gender.
Hubby and I wanted to keep the gender a surprise until our reveal party (five days after the ultrasound). It was so tempting to not peek at the envelope but we kept our promise and waited! I planned a ‘Princess or Superhero’ themed gender reveal. Be sure to check out my Princess or Superhero Gender Reveal blog.
As we were planning for the reveal, we wanted to make sure the gender reveal idea was safe and mess-free. We had heard of a lot of ideas such as reveal by party popper, golf ball, a balloon with confetti, fireworks, and popping the balloon board with darts to name a few. But to me, all of these were either too risky because they had some sort of fireworks or messy especially balloons popped with confetti. That is when hubby came up with this ‘no-mess balloon pop’ reveal idea. So we pop the balloon but it would not leave any mess as we pop a balloon within a balloon. As it was a surprise for both hubby and me, we hired a balloon expert to get this prepared for us. My no-mess balloon bouquet was prepared by The Loot Box. We connected with the lovely lady there and handed her our envelope. She prepared the balloon bouquet per our theme colors that I had picked beforehand and filled in the gender colors and confetti. I am not a big metallic look and feel person, so I choose solid feel balloons. Here is how our bouquet was designed:
- A base with some balloons to make it look like a balloon stand
- The gender-specific confetti mixed with some gender colored powder (pink or blue) added to a black balloon
- A transparent, see-through balloon over the black balloon with the inscription (Mine said Princess or Superhero to match the theme)
- When it was time to pop, we popped the black balloon through the transparent balloon and taped it back after the black balloon was popped to keep the air intact!
- It looked amazing with all confetti and gender color remaining inside the balloon!
Everyone at the reveal party was amazed at how unique this mess-free idea was! And hubby and I were extremely happy with the reveal, idea, and gender of our little one!!