When I was pregnant with my son, it was my first pregnancy. Hubby and I were new to this exciting phase and did not give much thought to whether we could do a special announcement. We went about personally sharing the news either over the phone or in person. But when I got pregnant with my second one, I was overboard. I wanted to do a special announcement as no one was expecting this! It was almost five and a half years after my son. Hubby and I announced it to families in seven different fun ways!
- Pregnancy Scratch Lottery – my parents love playing scratch lotto. So to keep up with the theme and enthusiasm, I got them this Gold Luck Lottery. They matched three images and were excited to scratch the prize box thinking they won the jackpot. When they read “Guess We are Having a Baby!” they thought it was a prank. My dad was in shock until I told him it was true.
2. TV Show or Movie Poster Announcement – this was a fascinating idea for me. Coming from my theatre and television roots, I thought this was a cute idea to share our pregnancy with friends and family. Hubby, my son, and I posed for this lovely picture with some baby items and me holding an ice cream tub (preggo craving – lol). I had picked up a cute custom onesie reading “Proof my Parents didn’t Social Distance”! Made my son hold this to share the message. The announcement began as a “Season 2” given this is our second baby!
3. Ultrasound Picture Announcement – this is the simple and most quick way to announce. I shared the ultrasound picture of the baby with very close friends without captioning. They called back in 30 seconds to check if it was true!!
4. Pregnancy Test Announcement – Simply share your pregnancy test picture! I used this to share with hubby that the little beenie was in my belly! I took this ClearBlue home pregnancy test.
5. Child’s Art Work Pregnancy Announcement – schools are great places where kids do all these fun activities. I became pregnant in November and announced it to my son just before Christmas. He drew a family portrait at school as a Christmas gift for the family and had the “baby” in the picture too! We used his drawing to share with close relatives.
6. Big Sister or Brother T-Shirt/Dress Announcement – I love this idea especially to announce to friends with kids. I got this big brother and big sister t-shirt and dress for my son and niece! My brother couldn’t believe it was true!
7. Solve the Riddle – hubby was visiting his sister and did not have anything exciting to share about the pregnancy. So he ran a quick Google search and came up with these fun riddles to announce to his sister.
|Riddle 1||Riddle 2|
|“Can bring a smile to your face, |
A tear to your eyes,
Or even a thought to your mind.
But, I can’t be seen just yet.”
|“What has two feet|
And a belly to tickle
And can cause a craving
For ice cream and pickles?”
Good luck with your pregnancy announcement and be sure to share how you announced it in the comments below.
If you are planning your gender reveal party check out these gender reveal ideas: