This year has been full of surprises and trying on new things. COVID-19 is to blame. We all have tried and tested so many new things in the past couple of months including working from home, virtual schooling, social and physical distancing, wearing a mask, using hand sanitizers, and the list goes on. This holiday season will surely be different but the cheer must remain.
Here is a simple and beautiful holiday craft to try on with your little one. It is a “Snowflake Ornament”. You can use to hang it on the Christmas tree, if not, just display as a winter craft.
Things you need:
- 4 popsicle sticks (plain or colored)
- Blue, White, and Silver (optional) colors
- Sparkles/Glitter – Blue/White/Silver
- Piece of string
- Color all the 4 popsicle sticks in blue. If you are using blue colored popsicle sticks, skip this step and go to step 2.
- Take 1 stick at a time and glue it together until all 4 sticks are glued from the center like an asterisk.
- Next, using the silver color, decorate the popsicle stick by the edges and creating designs on the snowflake.
- Apply glue in shapes such as circle, lines, or hearts as you want to sprinkle the glitter to make the snowflake look elegant and sparkly.
- Once the decoration is complete, take the piece of string.
- Stick the piece of string to the back of the snowflake and let dry.
The beautiful snowflake ornament/decoration is ready! Hope you enjoyed making this craft.